Saturday, December 6, 2008

Drive My Fears Away

Suddenly, I'm afraid
Suddenly, I wonder what I'm doing
Suddenly, I feel left out, alone
Suddenly, I write my thoughts to myself,
to keep busy
It's hard to be so very honest
because it will cost.
I think of Mary Magdelene and Marsha
two different people, two different times
yet their backgrounds similar
Out of the pit He picked them up
out of the murky clay He brought them up.
A slave to their lust and driven beyond
their power.
But a gentlemen He came, with tenderness
in His hands and love beyond all the sin
that bound them.
And as kind as kindness could be, He showed them
the kindness of God. With love overwhelming,
their tears He was drying,
their hearts He was mending,
their fears He drove away.

And then I wonder about myself?
Am I any different than these two
who wept over hurts, pain and distrust

1 comment:

God's Girl said...

Great post!
God is so good!

Thanks for sharing. : ) It blessed my heart.